Saturday, February 13, 2010
Ok so Julie from the awesome Handmade Market and Shop Handmade and my lovely friend Jennie from Posie patchwork both tagged me to do this list..... Frankly I stuggle with these lists how can I possibly have 25 interesting things to say about myself?? Anyhow I gave it a good shot...
1. I have a wonderful husband who was my first real boyfriend
2. My husband and I have been together since I was 19
3. I have the most amazing children (don't all mother's think so?)
4. I'm about to open a shop with the fabulous Julie Nichols called Shop Handmade...sooo excited!
5. I used to be a really good gymnast, but had to retire due to a spinal injury
6. I HATE cockroaches!!! I saw creepshow when I was way to young I think.
7. I started sewing when I was 15 because I couldn't find a formal dress to fit my super muscly gymnast body.
8. I'm really inspired by people who are creative, open minded and generally just happy.
9. I'm make children's clothing under the name Little Angel Little Devil
10. I'm frustrated by people who think the world owes them a favour and who are not happy for other peoples success's!
11. I used to live in Sydney and loved it.
12. But am happy to be able to raise my children in a home that has a big back yard...not possible in Sydney unless we had squillions...
13. Sadly I am really into the whole vampire thing, that said I'd never dress myself or my daughter like a vampire trashy die hard...what is about little girls clothes at the moment?? ohh yeah that's why I make Ruby's clothes!
14. I have only ever been to Fiji and hope to travel more one day!
15. I'm addicted to shoes, handbags and jewellery.
16. I have no family here in Canberra and sometimes feel realllly lonely because I love them all stacks and yes we are all really good friends!
17. That said I do have some amazing friends here in Canberra...no fr-enemy's anymore!!!
18. I love to wash clothes but HATE putting them away!!
19. I used to be a dedicated smoker, maybe that's why I always have to do things with my hands....
20. I don't watch sports like football in any capacity but become an expert in all sports when the Olympics are on..or so I like to think.
21. I have the ability to change radio stations with my mind! creepy yes, electronics and I don't mix.
22. I'm naturally blonde but prefer myself with dark hair.
23. I hate hate hate it if my feet are dirty! my hands also but they are easier to wash a thousand times a day!
24. My perfect night is and has always been... a lovely meal with a glass of wine with wonderful friends...no nightclubs for me, that's my idea of a horrible night!
25. This is first time I have ever done a list like this and it took me ages...hope you learnt something new. XX Rach
Monday, February 8, 2010
Shop Handmade is an extension of the very popular Handmade Market established in 2008.
Shop Handmade is an exciting new concept store created to showcase the amazing talent of Australian artisans.
Shop Handmade is located on City Walk in Canberra’s CBD, Shop 20 Allara St on the corner opposite The Canberra Centre Civic and Glebe Park.
Shop Handmade has been established to support and compliment the highly successful Handmade Market. We are seeking applications from designers and artists who have a unique handmade range of products, which they make themselves or are highly involved in the design process. All sales are commission free.Acceptance into Shop Handmade is judged on an individual basis & by appointment only.
Our shop will be beautifully merchandised by our resident stylist who is a professional interior decorator. The shop will be divided into assorted areas and positions designed to show case your products for sale. These include shelves, racks, individual wardrobes, partitions, lockable glass cubicles, wall space and shop front windows. Designers have the opportunity to lease their desired area or position in 2 or 3 month contracts. Included in the lease is insurance, advertising, our sales assistants, customer service, point of sale, administration & packaging (conditions will apply for large products or products which require delivery).
This generous retail space has a 7m glass frontage with an inviting exterior to attract the high volume of pedestrian traffic. SH will open its doors Monday to Saturday with knowledgeable, experienced and dedicated sales assistants to ensure SH becomes a destination shoppingFor more information please email us here
Visit our blog at http://shophandmadecanberra.blogspot.com
Congratulations also to Julie who has finally (through exhaustive meetings and sheer iron will and determination!) managed to find a venue in Canberra for the next Handmade Market!!!
It is impossible to believe that finding a venue is so difficult yet it is!! There are soooo many things to consider... With over 10,000 people visiting, the market needs to have Indoor and Outdoor areas suitable for the fantastic stallholders that also allows the wonderful people of Canberra to be able to shop around with out being too overcrowded.
Where oh where in Canberra is there such a place that can facilitate the parking, allow food vendors, is pram and wheelchair friendly, is central to all, and beautiful???
But find a fantastic new venue she did! the Kamberra Wine Company. Has beautiful function rooms overlooking lovely gardens and ticks all the boxes with the new venue offering more room for customers as well as easy access and free parking.
So the dates are set! Mark them on your calender, checkout http://www.handmademarket.com.au/ and sign up for the newsletter to make sure you miss out on nothing!
Market Dates for 2010
Handmade runs quarterly
Sunday March 28
Saturday June 5
Saturday September 11
Saturday December 4